By Kojo Owusu Okyere and Edmund Bobie
After Dwarfs, Medeama and Berekum FC represented the country during the weekend in the CAF-Club competitions, attention now turns to the First Capital Plus Premier League mid-week fixtures scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday.
The top-liner will be the Kumasi derby, between King Faisal and league leaders, Kumasi Asante Kotoko
King Faisal vs Asante Kotoko
King Faisal square off with regional foes, Asante Kotoko at the Baba Yara Stadium. Visiting team, Kumasi Asante Kotoko are relatively safe at the top of the log with a twelve points difference between themselves and second place side Hearts of Oak, Didi Dramani’s men with the league title in sight will go in for a victory to wrap things up quickly.
King Faisal are currently two points clear of the bottom three with 22 points, and a defeat to Kotoko they know will drop them right into the danger zone; with lingering relegation fears a victory against the league leaders will see them climb up the league log.
- King Faisal have lost three in their last six league games.
- King Faisal are yet to be beating at home.
- Kotoko have recorded their league defeats playing away from home.
-Kotoko are undefeated in their last seven league games.
- In the reverse fixture in Week 12, Kotoko ran out 3 - 0 winners.
Heart of Lions vs Bechem United
Lions welcome Bechem United to the Kpando Park as they look to record their second win in the second round, a win at the Kpando Stadium will further consolidate their top four ambitions.
Heart of Lions recently suffered defeats in their last three games and with top four ambitions gradually fading away, a win will be the only remedy to that predicament.
Bechem United on the other hand have been impressive under new Coach Tom Strand, and will certainly be a handful for the Kpando lads, they currently lie in third place.
- Bechem have won their last three league games
- Bechem have taken 9 out of 27 available points in away league matches this season.
- Lions have lost twice in their last four home games.
- In the reverse fixture in Week 12, Bechem Utd edged a 3-2 victory.
AshantiGold vs Inter-Allies
This is one match in which both teams need all three points, but for completely different reasons. AshantiGold, are aiming to finish in a spot that warrants them a place in Africa come the end of the season, they have 27 points and will be expecting a home win over a team languishing at the bottom of the league table.
Inter Allies, have 16 points and have struggled all season, with just five league wins - a return to Division one looks imminent.
- AshGold is yet to draw a game at home.
- Inter-Allies are yet to draw an away league game.
- Inter Allies have lost six of their eight away games
- In the first round fixture In Week 12, Inter-Allies managed a 2-0 home win.
Liberty Professionals vs Sekondi Hasaacas
Liberty Professionals return to the Carl Reindorff Park against Sekondi Hasaacas on Matchday 19.The host, Liberty, face an uphill task against a free scoring Hasaacas side, led by experienced veteran, Frederick Quayeson.
Hasaacas sit comfortably in 6th place with three wins in their last five games; the “doo boys” have a considerable chance of finishing in the top four this season.
- Despite their outstanding game, Liberty have lost their last two league games.
- Liberty have lost just twice of their last eight home games.
- Hasaacas have lost two in their last six games
- In the corresponding fixture in Week 12, Hasaacas pipped Liberty 3-1
Amidaus Professionals vs New Edubiase
Amidaus Professionals will welcome New Edubiase to the harbour City in their Week 19 clash, with only a point separating the host from the relegation a win will essentially be their target.
Amidaus with a narrow 0-1 loss to Kotoko in Week 18 will be hoping they don't slip up in the race of survival.
Edubiase have managed to pick 12 points in their last seven games and will further seek a win to enhance their mid-table chances.
- Edubiase have managed only a single away win so far.
- Edubiase are unbeaten in their last three league away games.
- Amidaus have recorded 9 losses
- Edubiase ran out 4 - 0 winners in the first encounter.
Berekum FC vs Wa Allstars
FC Berekum will attempt a win this afternoon against All Stars to appease their heartbroken fans following their disappointing display in Africa against Ahly Benghazi of Libya.
Wa All Stars can't afford any slip-ups either, as Chelsea are only two points behind them on the table.
The Wa side will also keep a close eye on the results of Hasaacas, AshantiGold and Lions, all of whom are just a point above them
- Berekum Chelsea are unbeaten at home in the league so far.
- With a game in hand, Chelsea are unbeaten in their last four games.
- Wa Allstars have lost four in their last eight away games in the league
- Wa All Stars have recorded victories in their last two away games.
- In Week 12, these two teams shared honours at the Wa Park.